BM&FBOVESPA S.A. - Securities, Commodities and Futures Exchange was created in 2008 with the integration between the Brazilian Mercantile & Futures Exchange (BM&F) and the São Paulo Stock Exchange (Bovespa). Together, the companies have formed one of the largest exchanges in the world in terms of market value, the second largest in the Americas, and the leading exchange in Latin America.
Related Articlessee more...
- Brazil: Cleared for take offThe heart of Latin America skipped a beat this year as Brazil, the world's seventh-largest economy, fell into recession. But the financial system that underpins the beleaguered economy is undergoing changes which could help bolster growth. Sophie Lewisohn reports.
- Brazil: Who will be joining the carnival?The Olympics, the World Cup, new trading platforms… It's all happening in Brazil these days. The country's exchange, BM&FBovespa, is going full steam ahead with trading and execution system upgrades while also trying to lower fees and overhaul post trade services. But even as expectations for increased investment remain high, there are plenty of obstacles. International players have to contend with relatively high trading costs and big uncertainties over taxation. Anna Reitman reports on the emerging picture for automated trading.
- Brazil - The Challenges of DMA and Risk ManagementAs the Brazilian economic freight train gathers momentum, Timo Pentner - Managing Director Americas, at RTS Realtime Systems, explains why the market's demand for ultra-low latency DMA access and the regulators requirements for rigorous risk control don't have to be mutually exclusive.
Related Industry Newssee more...
- Spread Networks and Seaborn to provide Brazil's first dedicated ULL subsea route8th May 2017 - Spread Networks becomes exclusive channel partner for Carteret NJ and BM&F Bovespa route.
- Convergex appoints Vice-Presidents for Europe6th May 2016 - Leila Mayet and Jeanine Cerligione join Convergex as Vice-Presidents.
- ATG and Fidessa announce Brazilian algo collaboration29th March 2016 - Americas Trading Group joins with Fidessa to offer Brazilian algorithms to a global audience.
- Bovespa market data now available in Redline platforms25th June 2015 - BM&F Bovespa market data is now supported in Redline's InRush 3 and available via its fully managed RedlineFeed.
- CCP12 elects new chairman8th May 2015 - Eurex Clearing's Marcus Zickwolff appointed as new chairman of CCP12.