Citi, the leading global financial services company, has approximately 200 million customer accounts and does business in more than 160 countries and jurisdictions. Citi provides consumers, corporations, governments and institutions with a broad range of financial products and services, including consumer banking and credit, corporate and investment banking, securities brokerage, transaction services, and wealth management. Additional information may be found at www.citigroup.com.
Related Articlessee more...
- The cloudCloud adoption is revolutionizing how technology businesses operate. The financial services industry has been slow in adopting it. Could this be about to change?
- Spotlight on CCP riskRegulators around the world are increasingly looking to central counterparty (CCP) clearing houses as a way to mitigate counterparty risk in the market. But is this just the next too-big-to-fail in the making?
- Fiddling with figuresWhen an academic paper equated backtest overfitting with financial charlatanism, there was little surprise from the trading community. Investment managers want to prove profitable trading strategies, but do they ignore the evidence? Priyanjana Bengani reports on the discord as well as industry leaders who are playing the right tune.
- Un-squeezing the middleGiven its size, it seems improbable that any trader might struggle to find an optimal way to access the FX market. Yet many mid-sized participants find themselves in exactly this situation, as they fall into a gap between full prime brokerage and direct liquidity relationships. Whether it's the complexity of the legal paperwork or costly and complicated connectivity, the end result is the same - additional expense and delays. But as Alex Knight, Head of Citi's FX Margin Trading business explains, there is now a better option.
- Sub-second trading on the Subcontinent. Just how fast will algo trading in India take off?Large chunks of cash equities and derivatives trading in India are already algorithmic and the ingredients are in place for more rapid growth. Even the regulatory environment seems favourable. Mary-Ellen Barker spoke to players inside and outside of India to hear what's fuelling the trend and what they see in store.
Related Industry Newssee more...
- truePTS establishes strategic relationships with J.P. Morgan and Citi13th December 2017 - truePTS signs up J.P. Morgan and Citi as the initial bank clients for its post-trade processing service, set to go live in early 2018
- LCH SwapAgent goes live with Cross-Currency Basis Swaps1st December 2017 - Credit Suisse and Deutsche Bank conduct the first Cross-Currency Basis Swap processed through LCH SwapAgent
- Citi appoints Global Head of Securities Services and Issuer Services Operations28th November 2017 - Brian Ovaert joins Citi as Global Head of Securities Services and Issuer Services Operations
- Multi-firm blockchain implementation for equity swaps completes second phase24th November 2017 - Axoni and eleven-firm working group complete second phase of peer-to-peer blockchain infrastructure for equity swaps processing
- Seven FX market participants agree to clear CME OTC Non-Deliverable Forwards10th November 2017 - Increased competition aims for increased innovation and cost efficiency for customers in the OTC FX Space