Moscow Interbank Currency Exchange (MICEX)
The Moscow Interbank Currency Exchange Group (MICEX) is an independent close joint-stock company established and owned by major Russian commercial banks and the Central Bank of the Russian Federation from 1992. It is the group of organizations providing trading, settlement, clearing and depository services for Russian and foreign investors. The MICEX Group is comprised of the MICEX, the MICEX Stock Exchange, the National Mercantile Exchange, the MICEX Settlement House, the National Depositary Center, the National Clearing Center, and regional exchanges.
Related Articlessee more...
- Six big questions for a Russian investment fundAs part of its focus on Russia, Automated Trader spoke to Konstantin Khlebalin, head of the trading department at proprietary trading group Infina, about what kind of algorithmic trading his firm does.
- The hammer, the sickle and the algo: Russia's unorthodox journey to a thriving marketRussian peasants performing calculations a couple of hundred years ago may have paved the way for the current boom in algorithmic trading in Russia.
- EBS: Equitable Trading
Since its original incarnation in 1993, EBS was for many years a bank-only manual trading platform for FX. Then between 2004 and 2006, it underwent two major changes - the introduction of buyside counterparties and API trading. Automated Trader’s founder, Andy Webb, talks to Brian Andreyko, EVP Global Head of FX Product and Development, about EBS’s automated evolution past, present and future.
- A Global Round TripExchanges around the world are investing in new technology and services to attract a greater share of algorithmic and automated trading volumes. Chris Hall takes a whirlwind tour of the exchanges that are pulling out the stops to bring much-needed sources of liquidity to local markets.
Related Industry Newssee more...
- Chinese investors get access to MOEX Russian market data23rd May 2017 -
- Russian Roulette - MNI Russia Business Sentiment Survey - August27th August 2014 - Annexation of Crimea, a possible invasion of east Ukraine and international sanctions, and yet the Russian MICEX is only down just over 3% since the start of the year. What exactly is keeping the stock market afloat asks MNI Chief Economist Philip Uglow.
- Russia consumer sentiment survey7th August 2014 - MNI Russia Consumer Indicator rises to 91.1 in July from 89.1 in June.
- euNetworks adds Stockholm and Moscow routes30th October 2013 - euNetworks launches new Stockholm and Moscow routes on its dedicated finance network.
- Otkritie selects Equinix LD4 for 3rd point of presence20th August 2013 - Otkritie Capital adds new access point to international markets at Equinix London data centre