Barclays Capital is the investment banking division of Barclays Bank PLC. With a distinctive business model, Barclays Capital provides large corporate, government and institutional clients with a full spectrum of solutions to their strategic advisory, financing and risk management needs.
Related Articlessee more...
- Hedging EM? Think Gold.Attractive returns across emerging markets (EM) for most of the last decade - supported by economic growth -appealed to many investors. While the long-term view on EM is still positive, economic weakness in some EM regions and increased volatility in most EM currencies has increased the importance of sound portfolio risk-management strategies. Our analysis shows that gold can be a cost effective EM-currency hedge, helping investors reduce portfolio losses during periods of heightened risk.
- Class acts: the tricky business of trading new asset marketsIs it any surprise that firms have ventured off in search of new pastures, trying out different asset classes, given the persistent lull in trading activity in the world's equity markets? Adam Cox reports on what they need to consider when branching out.
- Software Review: ILNumerics - faster numbersFor the majority of Automated Trader readers, faster code is implicitly better code. When conducting research, anything that reduces the execution time of the often vast simulations or optimisations being undertaken is a 'good thing'. Even for those not at the cutting edge of HFT, the same applies to the execution time of code in live trading. Which is why in this issue's software review we're taking a quick look at the ILNumerics maths library.
- The Automated Trader Interview"Gold is a key component of every investor's portfolio", says Cristiano Migliorini, head of quantitative research for Union Bancaire Privee (UBP)'s UBAM Gold + Fund. "Gold provides an effective hedge against monetary debasement, inflation and equity market shocks. Yet, simply going long gold has disadvantages." So how do you invest - trade - advantageously in gold, and what role does automation play in the process? Andy Webb went to meet the UBAM Gold + team.
- Perfect storm?
There has been much debate lately about increasing correlation both in equity markets and across asset classes and regulatory jurisdictions. During the crisis, portfolio diversification strategies often did not work just when they were most needed due to unexpectedly high correlation. What’s happening? Bob Giffords investigates.
Related Industry Newssee more...
- Former US head of Barclays FX charged with masterminding front-running scheme17th January 2018 - Former head of Barclays New York foreign exchange operation indicted for orchestrating multimillion-dollar front-running scheme
- Saxo Bank appoints new Chief Client Officer15th January 2018 - Saxo Bank names Damian Bunce as Chief Client Officer
- Barclays DirectEx enables algo users to generate IOIs30th May 2017 - Barclays Capital launches algorithmic trading feature in the US that allows users to post block interest in Barclays DirectEx block ATS.
- Barclays to pay 97 million USD for overcharging clients11th May 2017 - Barclays agrees to settle three sets of violations that resulted in clients being overbilled by nearly $50 million.
- Squawker completes launch of Equity Finance platform19th April 2017 - Squawker enters operational phase with Equity Finance platform. Ian Axe and Derek Bandeen join Squawker's Advisory Board.