SIX Swiss Exchange
SIX Swiss Exchange (formerly SWX Swiss Exchange), based in Zurich, is Switzerland's principal stock exchange. SIX Swiss Exchange also trades other securities such as Swiss government bonds and derivatives such as stock options.
The main stock market index for the SIX Swiss Exchange is the SMI, the Swiss Market Index. The index consists of the 20 most significant equity-securities based on the free float market capitalisation.
Related Articlessee more...
- MiFID 2 double volume caps - the end of dark trading?A controversial rule in MiFID 2 is the double volume cap mechanism for dark pools. Recently, a quantitative study presented dramatic numbers on the percentage of stocks that would be suspended under the regime. We investigate if the efficient use of large-in-scale trading can help to mitigate the caps.
- Trading in Europe: Coping with Change
By their nature markets are seldom static, but the current situation in Europe appears both particularly fluid and demanding. Mergers between trading venues, new market participants, new trading strategies and new attitudes to latency all have the potential to consume time and resources. But as Patrick Lastennet, Director Financial Services Segment at Interxion explains, there is a better way.
Related Industry Newssee more...
- SIX Swiss Exchange announces joint venture with radio-frequency solutions provider22nd December 2017 - SIX Swiss Exchange and 12Horizons provide low-latency access via radio-frequency technology
- SIX Swiss Exchange joins xyt hub25th September 2017 - SIX Swiss Exchange joins xyt hub for tick data distribution and analytics
- SIX and Nasdaq to develop OTC blockchain tech9th August 2017 - SIX Swiss Exchange and Nasdaq to develop distributed ledger technology for SIX's OTC structured products
- SIX Swiss Exchange concludes upgrade of its trading platform24th July 2017 -
- SIX Swiss Exchange survey: Block trading remains a growth area despite trader uncertainty around forthcoming regulations30th May 2017 - Regulation is overwhelmingly the biggest hurdle traders face, according to a survey of equity, bond and other product traders in the UK and Europe conducted by SIX Swiss Exchange.