ABN AMRO serves retail, private and commercial banking customers in the Netherlands and across the globe. Along with a comprehensive range of products and services, we offer in-depth financial expertise, extensive knowledge of numerous sectors and an international network supporting our customers' domestic and international operations.
Related Articlessee more...
- Dutch pride: a trading nation weighs its optionsIt's hardly surprising that technologically advanced trading took off in one of the world's first modern economies. A historic spirit of industrial entrepreneurialism and merchant capitalism, backed by a sophisticated financial sector means that the Netherlands is home to pioneering trading firms that have a long reach into global markets. But it's not all budding tulips. Observers of incoming European legislation warn that smaller players could be left behind as a consequence of regulation.
- Muscle and SpeedYou would think the tech-savvy nation of Japan would be leading the way when it comes to algorithmic trading. In fact, it's decidedly lagging. But things are changing and one of the world's most developed markets is finally getting serious about automation. Mary-Ellen Barker reports.
- Local knowledge
Bernard Orenstein leads the ten-strong team behind the automated high-frequency eStats Revolution Fund, based in Sydney. They’ve been managing their own money for 31⁄2 years, and in 2009, they managed a return of 182.73%. The fund’s leveraged, the drawdowns would also get your attention, and from November, if you happen to have US$1 million to invest, they’d like to hear from you. Larry Levy went to speak Bernard Orenstein about risk management, volatility and the evolution of an interestingly idiosyncratic automated strategy.
- The thinking machine's man … or woman
By comparing the distant past with the economic-crisis-ridden present, Anita Hawser argues, lessons can be learned for the future deployment of automated and algorithmic trading functionality. Should machines be taught to discuss their feelings, or are they better off leaving the sentiment to us and sticking to the numbers?
Related Industry Newssee more...
- ABN AMRO to distribute Fidessa's derivatives EMS16th October 2017 - ABN AMRO Clearing extends its relationship with Fidessa to include screen distribution
- R3 and four banks test Euro Commercial Paper issuance on blockchain27th June 2017 - ABN Amro, Commerzbank, ING and KBC collaborate with R3 to develop an operating model for an ECP issuance and trading marketplace on Corda distributed ledger technology platform.
- ABN Amro selects Fenergo for KYC management24th May 2017 - Fenergo seals deal with first Dutch banking client to support its business transformation strategy .
- Heartwood appoints new Investment Director15th May 2017 - Citi Bank's Graham Bishop joins Heartwood as Investment Director.
- Major global transaction banks now live with SWIFT gpi16th February 2017 - ABN AMRO, Bank of China, BBVA, Citi, Danske Bank, DBS Bank, Industrial and Commercial Bank of China, ING Bank, Intesa Sanpaolo, Nordea Bank, Standard Chartered Bank and UniCredit now exchanging SWIFT gpi payments across 60 country corridors.