BNP Paribas is a European leader in banking and financial services, with a significant and growing presence in the United States and leading positions in Asia. The Group has one of the largest international banking networks, a presence in over 85 countries and 173,200 employees including: 132,700 in Europe - among whom 19,400 in Italy and 64,200 in France and in the Overseas Departments; 15,200 in North America and 9,500 in Asia.
Related Articlessee more...
- MiFID 2 double volume caps - the end of dark trading?A controversial rule in MiFID 2 is the double volume cap mechanism for dark pools. Recently, a quantitative study presented dramatic numbers on the percentage of stocks that would be suspended under the regime. We investigate if the efficient use of large-in-scale trading can help to mitigate the caps.
- JWG regulatory trading digestRecord fines have been dominating the headlines in the US, as the federal government appears to have finally hit the brakes on Dodd-Frank rulemaking. In July, BNP Paribas reached an $8.97 billion settlement with the US Justice Department (that also took it out of the market for 12 months) for breaching sanctions on Sudan, Iran and Cuba. However this was subsequently dwarfed in August as Bank of America agreed to pay a cross-jurisdictional record fine of $16-17 billion for mortgage related misconduct in the run up to the financial crisis.
- Fair-weather trendsAs computers grow stronger and meteorological models are refined, weather forecasts are improving. Anna Reitman reports on the ways weather data is being used in a variety of markets, and also why this source of information still has its limitations.
- Algo no-go?
Are there algos that can deliver the goods in those corners of the market where the rarest and most illiquid commodities are traded? Shayla Walmsley discusses the execution challenges in a trading environment where, if there were still pits, they would be full of armchairs.
- Accentuate the positive…
…and consolidate the compatible. Do we need a consolidated tape? Or would it be enough just to have markets in which a consolidated tape was possible? Bob Giffords draws out the intractable questions.
Related Industry Newssee more...
- CLS appoints new Head of Product and Head of Sales EMEA as the year starts2nd January 2018 - CLS appoints Angus Scott as Head of Product, and Lisa Danino-Lewis as Head of Sales EMEA
- Contineo expands post-trade service with SIX19th December 2017 - SIXSwiss Exchange internationalizes its product data platform CONNEXOR
- BNP Paribas Asset Management adds to ETF & Indexed Fund Solutions sales team4th December 2017 -
- BNP Paribas Asset Management launches Parvest Disruptive Technology fund1st December 2017 - BNP Paribas Asset Management announces the launch of Parvest Disruptive Technology, a fund investing in innovative technologies
- LCH SwapAgent goes live with Cross-Currency Basis Swaps1st December 2017 - Credit Suisse and Deutsche Bank conduct the first Cross-Currency Basis Swap processed through LCH SwapAgent