Senior Market Risk Analyst | Commodities
this job appointment has expired
Remuneration 120,000 - 140,000 CHF
Employment type perm
Updated 12th Feb 2018
Company Selby Jennings
Contact Christopher Harris
Phone 020 3758 8900
Email click here
- Senior market risk analyst | commodities
- Zug, Switzerland
- Base Salary - 120,000 - 140,000 CHF bonus & additional benefits
Senior Market Risk Analyst required for top commodities oil trading house in Geneva
The risk group in Geneva provides risk analysis for the commodity Business Units and provides support for the Commodity Risk Committee in their oversight role. The group also provides exposure and VaR reporting, non-VaR risk reporting, analysis and limit monitoring This group is recruiting an analyst for the Energy division which trades petroleum, coal, power gas and emissions.
Main Duties & Responsibilities:
To perform effectively on this job, the risk analyst must be aware of new trades and new structures. This position requires a pro-active approach to communication with our key business partners.
- Report daily trading book positions with associated risk measures in a timely and accurate manner for senior management and front office.
- Analysing and validating daily changes to non-dVaR risk metrics.
- Respond to front office queries around reported risk numbers and daily changes.
- Provide trading and management with an effective and independent evaluation of the risk of loss in the trading books due to adverse market moves.
- Learn and understand trading concepts and become familiar with the energy market instruments.
- Responsible for updating time series database and ensuring data is correct.
- Communicate effectively with trading, operations and accounting departments.
- Actively participate in improving and streamlining current processes.
- Test and implement new software when appropriate.
The successful candidate is likely to possess the following background and skill set:
- College education, minimum Bachelors Degree or equivalent, preferably with a Maths or Economics based qualification
- Experience either within Risk or Middle Office.
- Knowledge of commodity markets and products.
- Prior Risk exposure
- Market Risk systems experience.
- Attention to detail
- Good analytical skills.
- Strong Excel/VBA skills
- Team player/focused
- Strong communication skills in German a must.