Banks Financial Trading Industry News, Articles & Insight
- Saxo Bank appoints new Chief Client Officer
15th January 2018 - Saxo Bank names Damian Bunce as Chief Client Officer
- Citibank fined for anti-money laundering deficiencies
5th January 2018 - Office of the Comptroller of the Currency assesses 70 million USD civil money penalty against Citibank
- truePTS establishes strategic relationships with J.P. Morgan and Citi
13th December 2017 - truePTS signs up J.P. Morgan and Citi as the initial bank clients for its post-trade processing service, set to go live in early 2018
- Nomura to establish Merchant Banking Division
30th November 2017 - Nomura Holdings plans to establish a new Merchant Banking Division, effective January 1, 2018
- Bank of England and FCA launch next phase of sterling Libor transition work
30th November 2017 - From January 2018, the market-led Working Group on Sterling Risk-Free Rates will have an extended mandate and broader participation.
- Citi appoints Global Head of Securities Services and Issuer Services Operations
28th November 2017 - Brian Ovaert joins Citi as Global Head of Securities Services and Issuer Services Operations
- Stress testing the UK banking system: 2017 results
28th November 2017 - The Bank of England has announced the results of its 2017 stress test of the UK banking system
- Cinnober introduces subsidiary Minium
26th October 2017 - New subsidiary's real-time solution aims to modernise and streamline risk and post-trade services for banks and brokers
- BNP Paribas and EY explore private blockchain
17th October 2017 - BNP Paribas ALM Treasury and EY pilot demonstrates the feasibility of using blockchain to optimize the global internal treasury operations of the bank
- Bluecrest LIBOR suit dismissed
28th September 2017 - Former hedge fund was accused of helping to manipulate LIBOR
- Saxo Bank to partner with Banca Generali
22nd September 2017 - Banca Generali and Saxo Bank to form an exclusive partnership for access to trading on global markets
- Former UBS gold trader charged with spoofing
21st September 2017 - The US Department of Justice has charged Andre Flotron for spoofing gold futures
- Saxo Bank joins Copenhagen Fintech
13th September 2017 - Saxo Bank sponsorship of Copenhagen Fintech Lab to connect and foster relationships with Fintech startups
- Japanese trust banks adopt DTCC's Omgeo ALERT
29th August 2017 - SSI Utility addresses risk and operational costs associated with trade failures
- Bank ABC joins R3 blockchain consortium
14th August 2017 - Bahrain based Bank ABC becomes the first MENA financial institution to join financial infrastructure consortium R3
- Eleven banks develop trade finance app on R3's Corda DLT platform
7th August 2017 - App holds potential to improve trade flows, particularly for SMEs in developing economies
- Rabobank and TD Securities join Neptune
1st August 2017 - Rabobank and TD Securities become 23rd and 24th dealers on Neptune Fixed Income network
- Citi hires former Deutsche boss to head futures, clearing and collateral team
31st July 2017 - Citi has hired Sabrina Wilson as global head of electronic and algorithmic trading and regional head for EMEA of futures, clearing and collateral
- Pragma introduces algorithmic triangulation for cross pair FX trading on Pragma360
28th July 2017 - Pragma360's algorithmic suite provides better execution when trading illiquid currency pairs.
- Sterling LIBOR to be replaced by 2021
27th July 2017 -
- BNY Mellon appoints ex-Visa head Charles Scharf as CEO
18th July 2017 - Charles W. Scharf appointed CEO and a director of BNY Mellon effective immediately; to become Chairman on 1/1/18.
- Seven major European banks select IBM to build blockchain for SMEs
27th June 2017 - Deutsche Bank, HSBC, KBC, Natixis, Rabobank, Societe Generale and Unicredit select IBM Blockchain running Hyperledger Fabric for Digital Trade Chain.
- Vontobel choses Clearstream as partner for hedge funds business
27th June 2017 - Clearstream to streamline Bank Vontobel's third-party hedge fund trading and custody business.
- Nomura applies for EU license
27th June 2017 - Nomura preps for Brexit with application to operate a new entity based in Frankfurt.
- SocGen combines high touch and electronic execution services
26th June 2017 - Bank's high-touch cash equity team joins the Global Execution Services team within Societe Generale Prime Services.
- Ex-Barclays John Varley steps down from BlackRock board
21st June 2017 - Former Barclays director, currently facing charges by the UK's Serious Fraud Office, resigns from BlackRock board of directors.
- Rabobank selects Finastra payment services hub for cross-border payments
21st June 2017 - Rabobank has selected Finastra's global payment services hub to centralize cross-border payments.
- SFO charges Barclays in 2008 Qatar capital raising case
20th June 2017 - Serious Fraud Office charges four senior Barclays executives with conspiracy to commit fraud during the 2008 financial crisis.
- Societe Generale Corporate & Investment Banking completes execution services integration
20th June 2017 -
- Saxo Bank signs up to the FX Global Code of Conduct
15th June 2017 - Initiative to strengthen the integrity of the FX market and bolsters it's commitment with the introduction of Enhanced Disclosure.