Dark Pools Financial Trading Industry News, Articles & Insight
- ESMA delays publication of double volume cap data until March
10th January 2018 - EU regulator cites lack of quality and completeness of data as reason for delay, no desire to create "unlevel playing field"
- ITG launches new Dark algorithm
8th December 2017 - ITG's Dark aggregation algorithm captures 82% of all midpoint U.S. block volume
- Liquidnet study finds dark trading adjusting ahead of MiFID II
8th November 2017 - Report finds buy side favouring large-in-scale venues over broker dark pools
- Liquidnet expands Next Gen algo suite in Canada
7th March 2017 - Liquidnet centralizes block liquidity in Canada.
- Luminex offers access via ITG's Triton Blotter
30th December 2016 - Blotter integration improves access to Luminex Trading & Analytics' deep liquidity pool.
- Deutsche Bank to pay 37 million USD for misleading dark pool investors
16th December 2016 - Deutsche Bank has agreed to settle charges that it misled clients about the performance of a core feature of its automated order router that primarily sent client orders to dark pools.
- SIX extends tech contract with Nasdaq
31st October 2016 - SIX Swiss Exchange to leverage Nasdaq's trading, market surveillance and pre-trade risk management technologies - SIX Dark Pool in development to be powered and surveilled by Nasdaq Technology.
- Chi-X Japan launches new venue
9th October 2016 - Kai-X to deliver Japan's first broker-neutral Reference Price trading venue.
- FCA report: Up to 3.5% of trades in dark pools slightly stale
16th September 2016 - Estimates cost of stale transactions at less than 4 million GBP per year.
- UK dark pools and reference prices - Financial Conduct Authority
15th September 2016 - There is evidence that major UK dark pools sometimes experience delays in receiving prices, but overall, the costs associated with inferior reference prices are small, and do not outweigh the useful service dark pools provide, according to new analysis by FCA economists Matteo Aquilina and Peter O'Neill and academics Sean Foley and Thomas Ruf.
- Fidessa: True Innovation?
15th August 2016 - The recent slew of exchange announcements introducing new dark trading facilities in response to MiFID II would appear to suggest that the regulation has triggered a whole raft of innovations. But, asks Fidessa regulation expert Christian Voigt, is that what's really happening here?
- Bats Europe announces block trading service - Bats LIS
9th August 2016 - Bats Europe to launch new European equities large in scale negotiation facility called Bats LIS.
- FCA publishes thematic review into dark pools
21st July 2016 - Firms operating dark pools have made significant progress in addressing the promotion and the management of conflicts of interest according to a new report from the Financial Conduct Authority.
- Liquidnet launches targeted invitations for fixed income
19th July 2016 - Liquidnet's Fixed Income Targeted Invitations tool unlocks hidden corporate bond liquidity.
- Convergex enhances Darkest algorithm
8th June 2016 - Convergex adds greater flexibility to Darkest liquidity-seeking algorithm.
- TABB research: Dark trading still possible despite MiFID II's DVC
16th December 2015 - Despite introduction of MiFID II's Dark Trading Double Volume Cap, ability to trade in the dark remains, according to TABB research.
- ITG - MiFID 2: Impact of Dark Caps on Algorithmic Trading Strategies
28th October 2015 - A new paper by ITG's Alistair Cree and Colleen Ruane looks at the likely impact of the MiFID II dark pool caps on various algorithmic trading strategies. The paper analyzed 9 million algorithmic trades in Europe across a wide range of brokers, order sizes and execution venues.
- Neonet goes live with new BATS Periodic Auctions Book
20th October 2015 - Connection expands liquidity access for clients trading larger size orders.
- LSE introduces new MiFID II-ready trading enhancements for block trades
15th October 2015 - London Stock Exchange Group alters processing of large scale deals to enable compliance with new European financial regulations.
- Nasdaq launches SMARTS Surveillance for Dark Pools
8th October 2015 - Nasdaq's SMARTS launches trade surveillance monitoring for dark pools.
- Liquidnet launches Fixed Income dark pool
29th September 2015 - Liquidnet's Fixed Income dark pool to centralize institutional trading of corporate bonds. 120+ asset managers across the US and Europe on-board for launch.
- Fixed income veteran Chris Dennis joins Liquidnet
10th July 2015 - Chris Dennis joins Liquidnet to head US fixed income sales in readiness for dark pool launch.
- Liquidnet's corporate bond dark pool - Q&A with Constantinos Antoniades
22nd June 2015 - Automated Trader talks to Liquidnet's head of Fixed Income about the highly anticipated launch of its institutional dark pool for corporate bonds.
- Liquidnet to launch institutional dark pool for corporate bonds
18th June 2015 - Liquidnet is integrating with seven Order Management Systems to provide direct connectivity into the first dark pool for corporate bonds which is scheduled to launch in Q3.
- Interactive Data to provide evaluated pricing data to Liquidnet's fixed income dark pool
10th June 2015 - Continuous fixed income evaluated pricing to provide Liquidnet's platform participants with pre-trade transparency and best execution analysis.
- Neonet to provide access to Oslo Bors new North Sea dark pool
20th April 2015 - New dark pool functionality for Oslo Børs listed instruments enables clients to find additional liquidity.
- Oslo Bors invites large equity orders to North Sea dark pool
14th April 2015 - Oslo Børs will offer new dark pool functionality via its trading system from 20 April 2015.
- Revitalised auctions an alternative answer to search of equity liquidity
14th April 2015 - Neonet and LiquidMetrix white paper reviews the midday auctions and in particular the announcement of London Stock Exchange to offer midday auctions from late 2015.
- HFT 'White Hats' or 'Black Hats'? - Themis Trading blog
23rd January 2015 - The New York Attorney General's amended complaint against Barclays filed this week was a rare and illuminating glimpse into the communication that goes on between dark pools and their HFT customers. And it called into question who really are the good guys of HFT. In today's blog post, Themis Trading calls out a former anti-HFT regulator who is now lobbying on behalf of several HFT firms that were mentioned in the complaint.
- SEC charges UBS subsidiary with disclosure violations and other regulatory failures in operating dark pool
15th January 2015 - UBS Securities to pay more than $14.4 million, including a $12 million penalty that is the SEC's largest against an alternative trading system.